Pages

Dec 15, 2014

Midweek Music Muse /// I NEED YOU, I LOVE YOU, I WANT YOU


 
A couple of my favorite people and I
 (Photo credit: Mama)
On November 10th, 2014 the band Tenth Avenue North released their newest album Cathedrals. I had been so looking forward to getting the album and have since been listening to it on repeat.
           
    During the first time through, the song I NEED YOU, I LOVE, I WANT YOU immediately stood out to me. The song wrapped itself around my heart and has been playing in my mind (and my home) since release.


The lyrics are simple, but they hold so much:



I need you

I love you

I want you
No one else can make me new



I need you

I love you

I want you
No one else can make me new



Your joy is better than wine

It’s better than love

It’s better than life


Your joy is where my heart sings

It’s where I belong

It’s where I believe


I need you

I love you

I want you
No one else can make me new



I need you

I love you

I want you
No one else can make me new



I will wait for only you

No one else can make me new

No one else can break the silence


I will wait for only you

My heart needs to hear what’s true

No one else will break the silence


I will wait for only you

No one loves me like you do

No one else can break the silence


So I will wait for only you

No one else can pull me through

No one else will break the silence


I need you

I love you

I want you
No one else can make me new



I need you

I love you

I want you
No one else can make me new



No one else can make me new

No one else can make me new





            To me they are a heart cry of love to the Lord. They show that you don’t need eloquent words, or scripted prayers to tell the Father of your love, but simply the melody your soul sings. I believe the most beautiful song that you can sing is that of your most honest, intimate, and vulnerable soul. They are the words we should sing as we live out our daily love affair with God.

            God wants the real us, not the mask we wear, not the script we read, or the false strength that we pretend to have, but the real, broken, mess of a soul we are. When we take off the mask, put down the script, and let God carry us in our every weakness, then our hearts can begin their chorus of love. When we allow Him to take our brokenness and make us new, we will begin to sing a love song to Jesus. When we are stripped of everything we have pretended to be and are made into God’s dwelling place, how can we help but sing?  

Mike Donehey, one of Tenth Avenue North’s band members, and writers of this song says it so well:


“Then I started arranging the lyrics of ‘I Need You, I Love You, I Want You’ And I put them in that order because I feel like that’s the continual realization we get from the love of God. At first it’s just, ‘I need it. I am at the end of myself. I need you.’ And then He comes and meets our need, we’re like ‘I love you for that’ And then as you start to fall in love with Him, it’s like, ‘Oh, I want more of you’ So it is just a continual snowball effect.”

~ Mike Donehey




Let our souls sing our songs of love continually and may we rely on our God’s strength alone.

xoxo Emma

1 comment:

  1. Love your thoughts on this and am a huge fan of Tenth Avenue North and this song. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete