Pages

May 18, 2015

Peace /// God is Always Good


It’s after that utter failure day, that a-mess-of-tears-and-slobber day that when my head hits the pillow, comfort comes.

            Light off. Earbuds in. Worship on. Deep breaths. Messy prayers. God wrestling. Fighting hard. Then surrender
.
            The music washes over me and I can feel God holding me. The day and its chaos fades into invisibility and all my soul knows is the presence and love of The Lord. Peace.
                                                                  
            Tears fall like rivers down my cheeks, washing away with them the pain I've been holding. And each droplet falls into that jar He keeps of my tears. 

            Sins. Fears. Doubts. Heartache. Worries. All are washed away 

            Sanctification. Cleansing of the soul.

            And in that moment of perfect peace, I know that even though the world is dark and broken and full of pain, God is still good. God is always good.

            Because God is good, even though darkness is all around me, I still have peace. I still have joy.

Because God is good! Because God is good. Because God is always good.

Because God is good I do not have to hold onto those dark secrets I've tried so hard to bury and hide away from the world. Because He is good I no longer have to struggle to find love; He has already freely given and still gives. Because my God is always good I do not have to fear death, nor darkness, nor a life void of love and redemption.

I do not have to fear because my God is always good. I can have peace. Perfect peace in Him who loves me



xoxo Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment